Featured Post

Review of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Fwd: A surprising reason I tell people NOT to join my courses

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Ramit Sethi" <ramit@iwillteachyoutoberich.com>
Date: Nov 15, 2016 4:03 PM
Subject: A surprising reason I tell people NOT to join my courses
To: <joaoa.desilva2016@gmail.com>
Cc:

Whenever someone makes an unconventional choice, people lose their minds.
If you are having trouble viewing this email, click here.

Hi,
Whenever someone makes an unconventional choice, people lose their minds.

Have you ever noticed that?

  • No kids = "That's selfish. Your career won't comfort you on your deathbed."
  • Renting a house = "OMG. Don't you know you're throwing your money away?"
  • Losing weight = "You're practically anorexic. Life is short. You deserve pizza."

This used to bother the shit out of me.

When I walked away from a job at Google, people thought I was insane. When I left PBWiki, (the venture-backed startup I co-founded), my brother lost his mind.

And now, when I tell would-be entrepreneurs that they're better off finding a Dream Job than buying Zero to Launch and starting a business, they flip out too.

  • "What the hell, Joao,? 'Get a job?' That's what my guidance counselor told me!"
  • "I don't want to trade time for money!"
  • "Thanks, mom. STFU."

If you're thinking something like this, I have two things to tell you.

First: If someone you trust gives you advice that pisses you off, it's probably time to listen.

Second: I'm not saying you should get a middle management job and work your way up the ladder for 30 years. I'm saying you should work at a company you like and respect, that pays you what you're worth, and make an amazing contribution at the same time.

Even if you want to start your own company one day — hell, especially if you want to start your own company — you need to be at a job you love. Where you can learn how to set a budget, launch a product, and build a team all on someone else's dime.

A great job is some of the best entrepreneur training you can get.

The time is now. We can help.

Find Your Dream Job closes this Friday at 11:59pm.

Click here to learn more.

Joao

%
-Ramit

 
 
  This email was sent to joaoa.desilva2016@gmail.com by ramit@iwillteachyoutoberich.com

2269 Chestnut St. Suite 160 San Francisco, CA, 94123, USA
 
Blank




No comments:

Post a Comment