Featured Post

Review of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Fwd: The Hard Sell -- for ambitious people only


--
Cheers,
John (João) A. Silva

805 291 6470 Mobile (VM)

"The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours -- it is an amazing journey -- and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins." -- B Moawad, author

Share: LinkedInTwitterFacebookGoogle+Email

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ramit Sethi <ramit.sethi@iwillteachyoutoberich.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 6:00 AM
Subject: The Hard Sell -- for ambitious people only
To: joaoa.dsilva2017@gmail.com


Hey,

Let's get this out of the way: Yes, I'm going to try to convince you to join the Dream Job course today, before I close it tonight. If you think you can resist my incredible ninja marketing powers, read on...

...This is the one and only time I'm going to hard sell you on Dream Job. Hear me out. If you still decide not to join, I respect that.

* * *

One night at a bar...

Recently, I went to hang out with some friends at a bar. Somebody recognized me and came up to say hello, and we ended up chatting for a while. A couple minutes into the conversation, he said, "You know, I was pretty intimidated to come talk to you."

I was amused. Why? I asked.

Was it my rapier wit? My mastery of persuasive language? The # of pull-ups I can do?

No. "You call people out on their bullshit," he said, smiling.

It occurred to me how few people are really, truly honest with us. Of course we have friends who support us, and that's important. But when was the last time someone held us accountable? When was the last time someone listened to our excuses, paused, and just shook their head, saying, "Dude? Come on now."

For many of us, it's been years -- sometimes decades -- since someone truly guided us in the right direction. Someone who watched over us, letting us make mistakes, but always gently pointed when we were making excuses and rationalizations. Someone who held us to a higher standard. Someone who supported us in the way we wanted, but would step in and give us the tough love we needed. Someone who was almost like an Asian father to us.

So, when this guy from last night was intimidated because "I don't put up with any bullshit," I took it as an enormous compliment -- that I can be supportive, yet also honest, and tell you what WANT as well as what you NEED.

Getting even one piece of honest feedback, one insight, can change our lives forever.

One insight that gives us the exact, word-for-word script to handle that nagging conversation we've been struggling with.

One insight that deconstructs precisely how top performers handle a particular situation...then teaches us the step-by-step way to implement it.

One insight that shows us a flash of what we can achieve.

I call these..."Pivotal Moments."

Introducing Pivotal Moments

There's a reason I've been emailing you so much this week.

See, we all have pivotal moments in our lives: Getting into college, graduating, getting our first job, getting married, becoming parents, sending an email to 100,000+ people admitting that you listen to Whitney Houston while doing pull-ups....

These moments have the power to shape our lives forever.

Yet over time, these Pivotal Moments become fewer and farther between.

Early in our lives, these moments happen by default. We kept showing up to class? We graduate! But as life goes on, those "just happen" moments become rarer.

It becomes up to us to create our own Pivotal Moments. No wonder so many people become paralyzed by uncertainty. We were never taught how to do this.

But there are Pivotal Moments that we can actually SEIZE...that we can actually CAUSE to happen.

Today -- will be a pivotal moment for you.

For some of you, you'll get an email from me, unlocking the first part of Dream Job. You'll start reading some of my most sophisticated material on barriers, psychology, and passion ever created -- material that will never be available to the general public. Within one hour, you'll learn insights about yourself you'd never realized. You'll begin down a journey of discovering yourself, your Dream Job, and how to take control of your life.

For others, it'll be decidedly different. They'll go back to their old lives. They'll get fewer emails from me. They'll look at the tactics they've gotten from my free material and wonder...what should I do next? They might try to find their DJ on their own -- and if they do, I'll be thrilled! -- but as we know, human nature is a fickle beast: For many, without an ongoing system, the motivation they feel will inevitably wear off. Old patterns. Old lives.
"I was offered to be part of the Dream Job Elite program by Ramit. Since that time (3.5 months ago) and I turned it down saying "I really think I can do this on my own" I have not made much progress in finding my dream job on my own. --Casey J.
Isn't it funny that we get so excited about new ways of doing something...we start trying reading different sites, different blogs...then when confronted with a real, trustworthy opportunity to help us, we don't act? What do we do instead? We keep struggling with what's never worked.

It's not just that we're lazy. We have powerful, deep invisible scripts that hold us back from taking action -- even on things we genuinely want to do!

We say, "I'll try harder this year!" But don't we say that every year?

In fact, you could call what we do...delusional.
 

The "Code Words" Behind 3 Delusional Barriers

Not only do we use the same phrases, year after year, but we fail to ever understand the "code words" behind these phrases. Let me show you.
 
 
1. "I don't know what my Dream Job is"
This is a perfectly reasonable comment -- few of us know what our actual Dream Job is in our 20s and 30s -- but there is something more sinister behind this phrase.

"I don't know what my Dream Job is" is actually code for: "I'm waiting for my Dream Job to fall out of the sky for me."

Deep down, we believe that not knowing what our Dream Job is gets us off the hook...as if someone is just going to walk up to us and hand it to us.

Why would they? Why SHOULD you "get" your Dream Job over anyone else who's sitting around waiting it to fall from the sky?

Here's the truth: You DISCOVER a Dream Job, you don't just "find" it under a rock. You do the challenging work of self-discovery, testing, and yes, even failure, to discover your DJ. All of these are natural parts of a system -- just like learning to ride a bike.

Look, I don't blame you for not knowing what your Dream Job is, especially at this age. Few of us know what it is. But every step you make should be systematically moving you closer towards discovering it -- or what are we are doing with our lives?
 

2. "I'm not ready to commit to this yet"
What this code word actually means: "I need to figure it out."

Of course there's never a "right time" to jump into something that makes us uncomfortable. There's never a right time to have a baby. Never a right time to start investing. Never a right time to learn the inside skills and techniques to finding a Dream Job.

Sometimes, you jump into it and force yourself to step into an area you're not ready for. You do your homework, of course, but you know that you'll never have 100% of the information you need. You make an informed decision...and then you take a risk.

Top performers do this all the time. Do they make mistakes? Of course. But they know that trying something is better than the whiners who wait around to have "all the information"...and wait, and wait, while the world passes them by.

It's not about more information. How many people will keep jumping from blog to blog, book to book, always consuming information but never applying it to their lives? How many people will wait for the "perfect time," never acknowledging that there there's never been a perfect time (and there never will be)?

Top performers make decisions with limited information. They take risks. They start building their skills and network NOW so that when they DO need it, they're ready.

If they're wrong, so be it -- but at least they made a move.
 

3. "I'm not sure this is right for me"
What this code word actually means: "I don't know if this course is exactly perfect for someone in my EXACT AND SPECIFIC SITUATION, so therefore I am going to wait until something magical is created for EXACTLY ME...and until then, I'm going to do nothing."

There will never be a career course created for your exact, personal, born-in-LA-but-went-to-school-in-Portland-then-studied-economics situation.

But you do have an option: I wanted to test Dream Job against the TOUGHEST CANDIDATES on earth. I took a new college graduate with close to 0 functional skills in the worst economy. I ran her through the system. Result? Multiple offers and a 30% raise in weeks.

I took more senior people already making enviable salaries, like Julie. I ran them through the system. Results? Hundreds of thousands of dollars more -- and more importantly, a series of jobs they loved.

I tested DJ over and over, trying to find weaknesses, cracks, holes in the system. I found them, I patched them, then I tested again.

Of course you'll have to apply the material to your own individual situation. But I give you the exact tools to do that. And the results can be tremendous.

Think about an airplane flying from Los Angeles to New York. If it's off by even a few degrees, where does it end up? The ocean! Over long periods of time (or distance), small changes make a huge impact.

So if you learn even ONE insight in the Dream Job course -- just one -- and multiply it over 40 years, imagine the massive results you'll get. Just one phrase to use in interviews. One body-language tactic to use in meetings. One response to that nagging question you're never sure how to answer.

I actually expect you to walk away with a lifetime of insights. But even one insight can change the game for you.

And don't take my word for it.

What Others Say About Dream Job

Here are comments from a mix of people: Dream Job success stories, as well as people who just joined in the last few days. I want you to peer in the minds of top performers -- and ambitious, soon-to-be top performers -- and learn what they sound like.
  • "I went from an intern at $12.5/hr to full-time getting paid $45,000/year in just one month using your techniques on negotiation (one-month followup). This itself more than paid for the course, and what I learn now can double or triple my salary of the next decade." - Lynchburg, Virginia
  • "Job offer for 70K over my 60K last job with a potential for 20% bonus over 10% bonus at [Old Company], plus 25 days of paid vacation as compared to 19 at [Old Company]." - Jen S.
  • "I feel immensely more confident with my ability to get a job. I have taken as many as 6 meetings in one week and have opened up conversations with people at 4 top companies in the past 2 1/2 weeks." - Chris C., Dream Job Elite graduate
  • "84% raise 8 months into my job." - Satvik B.
  • "Ramit is amazing, and this is truly an investment in my future. I've used a lot of the techniques described in the free material in an unsophisticated way, but I think this course will take me from a 7/10 to a 10/10 with my networking and negotiating skills." - Lockport, Illinois
  • "The quality of material that was released in Earn1K and all the free stuff convinced me this was worth buying. I am graduating this year and this came at the perfect time." - Concord, Canada
  • "I used to think I was really good at networking, but this module showed me what a novice I was. It took natural networking to a whole different (and higher) level." - Jessica, Dream Job Elite graduate
  • "Time to get serious about creating a career and crafting the lifestyle I want to see for myself 10 years down the line. " - LA, CA
  • "The quality of material from free stuff. I know paid will be 100x better." - Burney, California
  • "I'm stuck where I am and I need to do something drastic. I need to follow a system, and I trust Ramit's advice over any and all other options available to me, especially the status quo." - Forest Hills, New York
  • "I feel like I've reached the edge of where I can get by simply thinking faster than everyone else - and of the people I've met and listened to, Ramit has done the most to inspire me, and kick me into action." - Oakdale, California
  • "I want to switch to a new industry while maintaining my area of expertise. I always found it daunting to even think about switching industries let alone actively pursue it. From the free material, I know the Dream Job program can help me move through the process confidently. How do I know? Because the free material has already proven useful in setting up a number of informational interviews." - Chicago, Illinois
  • "In January, I negotiated a 50% increase in my salary, which I renegotiated in May with another 30% increase - this, at a company supposedly "crippled' by the economy." - A.
  • "Ramit, thanks for all your great information.... I'm proud to say that I've reached my goal of making into the six figures by the age of 30. I never EVER expected that, especially since my starting salary six years ago was $25,000." - Kathleen D.
  • "The biggest thing I have taken away from your program is how to communicate effectively. This helped me talk to my boss at a small company for the first time and get a $3.5k raise, during a down year." - Andy K.
  • "[Find Your Dream Job] is like some ultimate cheat code for life. Seriously. All the unemployed whiners on your list BETTER purchase this...or they are idiots." - Isi O.
  • "~19% more money in my pocket for 2011: Through a combination of a promotion by doing the briefcase technique on my boss to create a brand new role for myself (came with a decent raise too) and fantastic bonuses by clearly demonstrating the value I added to the business I was able to achieve my highest gross income ever in 2011." -Ryan S.
  • "Joining and starting this course has motivated me to approach everything with a renewed sense of purpose and clarity... I am beginning to approach aspects of my current job with a vigor and inquisitiveness that I forgot existed in me." - Robert S, Dream Job Elite Graduate
  • "Literally, every blog of yours on psychology, careers, barriers and most importantly on the importance of just acting on a goal has been a mind-opener to me...I want to be a top performer and I want others to know that. I trust you to give me the value of my investment(many times over)." - Sunnyvale, California
  • "I've already used Ramit's Briefcase Technique to amazing results, and that's just his free material. I wanted to buy Dream Job and fully invest in myself and my career and I completely trust that Ramit knows his shit and can help me out." - Houston, Texas
  • "I've been saying for the past two years that I knew the job I'm in is not the one that I wanted to stay in forever, and that I needed to "figure out" what I wanted to be doing instead eventually -- without taking any steps to do anything of the sort. It's time for me to change that." - Frankfurt, Germany
  • "I used your techniques to double my salary from $43,224 to $83,125. Plus relocation and benefits." - Prescott P.
  • "This week, I accepted one of several job offers at a company that is allowing me to do what I love (product management) and is DOUBLING my pay and that doesn't even include my bonus. I didn't think it was possible, but I'll never doubt again." - Jay
ENOUGH!

Notice the patterns in these people. Many of them have already gotten impressive results -- and even the ones who just joined are excited to create their own Pivotal Moments.

Today you have a choice:

If you choose to join Dream Job -- if you choose to take a risk and put your trust in my system, and the hundreds who have come before you -- then on Sunday, you'll get the first life-changing steps. You'll use tested material that I spend years developing, over $250,000 of my own money...material that's already helped hundreds rapidly identify their passions, tap their natural networks, find their Dream Job, and interview and negotiate so you're paid what you're worth.

Or...you can go back to the same way it's always been. The few who don't join will wonder what the Dream Job students are doing ("I wonder what they're learning today...?"). They'll realize that they don't know how to piece together a series of unconnected tactics into clear action steps. When you ask them, "What are you doing on Monday to find your Dream Job?" they'll stare blankly, having no answer. They'll watch as others pass them by.

If you take action today, a year from now, you'll look back on your decision and know that YOU turned your life around today. You'll join hundreds and hundreds who've decided to seize control of their lives to find their Dream Job.

For some, after today, they'll go back to their old lives -- to wait for more information, to read more blogs, to try to "figure it out"...to wonder why they can't live the lives they've always wanted.

For others, they can never go back. They've taken the first step to an extraordinary career, and they're ready to create their own Pivotal Moments...for the rest of their lives.
 
Which will you be?
 
Dream Job closes TONIGHT at 11:59pm:
http://preview.findyourdreamjob.com
 
As my parents always say, "A year from now, you're going to be a year older. What are you going to do?"

- João

P.S. I added a special attachment to this email that I hope you listen to.

P.P.S. We all know we have a small "window" where we have the biggest chance to make a change. And every year, it gets narrower and narrower. It becomes more discouraging to try something new. It becomes harder and harder to catch up with those who took action years ago. 6 months from now...if you still haven't signed up...what will you think? Will you be better off? Will you have spent your time doing something useful?

I KNOW Dream Job works. I've tested it with hundreds of people in every conceivable situation, scenario, age, profession, industry. I've put my heart and soul into this course and I want you to see how much you can achieve -- more than you ever thought -- using this material.

People come to me to discover their passion, get an unfair advantage over whiners and complainers, and get Dream Jobs at the world's top companies. Let me show you how to do it.

Here's the link: http://preview.findyourdreamjob.com
 

João

PPPS.



%% -Ramit
2269 Chestnut St Suite 160
San Francisco, California 94123
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment