Featured Post

Review of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Friday, March 15, 2019

Fwd: What it's takes to be a location independent hippie pirate



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Millennial Money Man <bobby@millennialmoneyman.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 15, 2019, 3:55 PM
Subject: What it's takes to be a location independent hippie pirate
To: <joaoa.desilva2018@gmail.com>

Hi,

Let's talk about digital nomads. You know... the van people that work from laptops on the beach.

Interestingly enough, I've met many of these money-saving hipster millennials in my line of work.

I can't tell you how many people in the personal finance blogging industry live in one of the following vehicles:

- RV (these are the most normal of the digital nomads IMO)

- Van (*braces for down by the river jokes*)

- Sailboat (I like to refer to this particular digital nomad segment as hippie pirates)

Alright, alright. Just kidding.

I don't think they're hipsters at all. My digital nomad friends are all cool people that just choose to live in vehicles and travel full-time for whatever reason.

And honestly...

... I kinda sorta get it.

As a homeowner, I constantly struggle with simple things I should be able to do (but inexplicably can't) such as:

- winterizing my sprinkler system so it doesn't explode overnight when it freezes

- keeping my grass alive (60% of my backyard grass is currently dead because I'm an idiot)

- cleaning up after myself/consistently using the laundry basket

- running fast or jumping high (obviously unrelated, but I'm still bitter about my lack of athletic ability and figured I'd bring it up here while I'm complaining about other things)

It really would be nice to just leave it all behind sometimes and jump into an RV to explore the country.

However, ain't nobody got time for that.

Well... maybe you do. I don't though. And... I like my house, dead grass and all.

So if you want to learn what it really takes to become a digital nomad and afford the laptop lifestyle...

Go forth and immerse yourself in hippie pirate glory. :)

Rgds.,

Jon jon

%%

- %Bobby

P.S. - I do just want to say that I would never, ever actually take my laptop to work on the beach (even though I want to). Can you imagine the sand in your keyboard? It's so unrealistic. So messy.

P.P.S - When you click the link above, you're going to see the real-life pros and cons of location independent living from a bunch of people who are actually doing it. Just thought you should know what you're getting into. Go click the link kthxbai.



Unsubscribe | Update your profile | 1814 E Main St, League City, TX 77573

No comments:

Post a Comment