Featured Post

Review of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Fwd: the RESULTS are in!


--
Cheers,
John (João) A. Silva

805 291 6470 Mobile (VM)

"The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours -- it is an amazing journey -- and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins." -- B Moawad, author

Share: LinkedInTwitterFacebookGoogle+Email



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Derek Halpern <news@socialtriggers.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Subject: the RESULTS are in!
To: joaoa.desilva2016@gmail.com


Hey,

When I asked people if they were interested in creating and selling an online course, 96.73% of people said yes.

And who could blame them?

I believe creating and selling online courses is one of the smartest ways to start - and grow - an online business.

The problem?

People go about it the wrong way.

I'll explain...

Most people learn by watching what other people do. So when you watch someone like me create and sell an online course, here's what you see:

1. You see that I create bigger courses that last between 4 and 8 weeks.

2. You see that I use multimedia, including videos, screencasts, worksheets, and more.

3. You see that I do big product launches that include webinars, sales pages, and more.

So, naturally, you think, "I need to do all that, too!"

And that can be overwhelming.

A huge 8-week long course? VIDEOS? SCREENCASTS? WORKSHEETS?

Uhh...

I DON'T HAVE THE TIME FOR THIS!

Some people will judge you for saying this. They'll say, "REALLY? YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME? YOU MUST HATE YOURSELF!"

But let's get real.

Anyone who tells you to "hustle your face off with no sleep" is living in a dream world. You need rest. And the truth is, you're already spending your time on something else.

Maybe you're looking to start your first online business and you want to sell courses. That means you likely have a full-time job already.

Maybe you sell some kind of service, but you also want to sell online courses, too. That means you spend your time... doing the service you sell... not creating a course.

Maybe you're an author. A speaker. A software maker. A coach. A real estate agent. Anything.

The bottom line is this:

Yes, you want to create and sell an online course. But you can't drop everything you're doing right now to start doing it.

So...

What can you do?

The answer is simple.

THINK SMALL.

Take my first online course.

It was a short course.

It contained maybe 3 videos and a worksheet.

When I look back, it probably took me a few weeks to put together from scratch.

I recorded the videos in front of a whiteboard.

And as you can see first hand:



THESE VIDEOS AREN'T THAT NICE.

And my hair?

*FACE PALM*

Also, what you can't see in the picture is that I attached the whiteboard to the wall with patches of velcro.

LOL.

But here's the thing...

It was good enough to get started.

The content was good.

The videos were okay.

And I sold it for around a hundred bucks.

That's how Social Triggers got started.

I didn't start with multi-week courses. I didn't start with professional videos. I didn't start with huge product launches. I started with a small online course... and the rest... as they say... is history.

And that's exactly how you need to start selling courses, too.

START SMALL.

Now, of course, there's a lot that goes into this. And over the next few weeks, I'm going to deliver more content to you that helps you start small.

But for now...

Here's what I want to hear from you:

What kind of SMALL online course can you create? Do you have any ideas percolating?

Leave a comment right here.

Talk soon,
João %% %% Derek Halpern

P.S. I ran a survey about online courses last week. I got other interesting insights from this survey coming your way very soon. So keep an eye out for those, as well.


 


This email was sent to joaoa.desilva2016@gmail.com by news@socialtriggers.com

734 Franklin Ave, Suite 292 Garden City, NY 11530

Blank

No comments:

Post a Comment