Featured Post

Review of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Sunday, February 21, 2016

The 80/20 Rule for Building a Blog Audience











The 80/20 Rule for Building a Blog Audience

And not just ANY audience.

I’m talking about an audience that’s ready to buy what you sell. You see, while other marketing “experts” trick you into thinking that you need to overload your website with content… …I’ve always been real with you.

The secret to building a blog with a raving fan base that’s ready to buy what you sell has nothing to do with how much content you create. It, instead, has to do with how good you are getting your content into the hands of more people.

Why I Spend 80% Of My Time Promoting Content

If you spend time writing a piece of content, and that content only gets 1,000 readers, chances are there are one million other people in the world who can benefit from what you wrote. Why, then, would you spend more time creating content when you already have something that your ideal customers can benefit from?

I’ve got an idea… Because you like creating an unusual amount of work for yourself that you don’t have to do? 😉

Here’s the truth: http://socialtriggers.com/ca/btc-gkjg680vd4/

It’s smarter to find another 10,000 people to consume what you’ve already created as opposed to creating more. Or, in other words, create content 20% of the time. Spend the other 80% of the time promoting what you created. To learn more, I suggest you watch this free video series right here:

Content is Vital (and anything less than your best work isn’t good enough) If you’re like me, you truly CARE about what you create. Now, I’ve heard some people say, “Derek doesn’t care about content.” That can’t be further from the truth.

To produce just one video for Social Triggers TV (which I release at no cost to you), I need to test new ideas, write scripts, rehearse, film, edit, etc. In the end, it costs around $1,000 to produce just one episode of STTV.

And you can BET that at that cost, I’m looking to make the best video I can and get the most out of it. Because I care about the content that I produce and want to be sure that as many people as possible can benefit from it. (Note: Just because I’m spending that kind of money on video, doesn’t mean you need to spend money on video. Most of the work I do occurs BEFORE the shoot day, and that work doesn’t cost me anything other than my time, which in reality, is priceless. All of our time is priceless).

So, creating your best work is VITAL. And it’s the only REAL way to stand out in today’s overcrowded marketplace.

That’s why it’s on you to create it, leverage proven psychological principles to make sure it spreads, and then PROMOTE THE HECK OUT OF IT. The “Content Creation” Myth Debunked You might be thinking, “Well, why does everyone else say you need to create content to build a blog?”

The truth?

Many of the people who preach “content, content, then more content,” built their blogs back when there was little competition… back in 2005 / 2006. At that point, the search engines were giving websites preferential treatment for fresh and new content. (In some respects, they still are).

And they LOVED blogs. This means that, back then, if you’d update your blog once a day, it was IMPOSSIBLE to NOT build a blog with a raving fan base. But times have changed. Here’s What Happened Over The Last 7 years…

In 2005, any content was enough to stand out from the crowd. But, over the last 7 years, the amount of content on the internet exploded.

* Point #1: In 2006, Netcraft estimated there were more than 100 million sites. In 2013, they estimate more than 700 million.
* Point #2: In 2005, Technorati estimated 7.8 million weblogs. Now? There’s allegedly more than 170 million blogs (and we even dropped the web from weblogs).

You can no longer pump out half-assed content and win. Now you’ve got to research GREAT content, and publish only the best. Yes, this is harder, and it’s more time consuming, but the good news is this: You don’t need to create that much content.

I look at Social Triggers, and from March 2011 to April 2012, I averaged 2.54 blog posts per month… …and I got almost 27,000 subscribers. All because I focused on creating great content… and then focused on getting that content into the hands of more people. The Question Is: How Do You Promote Content?

That’s the BIG question: “Okay, I get it. Create great content, then promote that content. But how?” That’s where I come in.

I reveal many of my favorite psychological principles, and powerful promotional strategies inside my training Start Your Blog Right. But here’s what I’m going to do… I’m a firm believer in “The right way to sell in 2013 is to give away the house… and sell the backyard.”

So, what I’m going to do is this: Even though I’m enrollment for Start Your Blog Right is open, I am going to send you a video of one of my favorite promotional strategies TOMORROW. A strategy that I used back in 2005, and a strategy I still use to this very day.

(What’s so great about these promotional strategies is that they’re timeless. Strategies that worked in the past often work now and will in the future). And in the mean time, what I’d like you to do is leave a comment letting me know about the problems you’ve had promoting and growing your blog. What’s been holding you back from attracting the right readers? What’s stopping you from building a website that generates both leads and sales?

What are your social triggers? Click here to find out http://socialtriggers.com/blog/
How to be GR8 at anything...
http://socialtriggers.com/how-to-be-great/#more-6621
The 80/20 rule of blog building...
http://socialtriggers.com/80-20-blog-building/










No comments:

Post a Comment